The 13th PEARL Conference - Public Economics At the Regional and Local level - September 29-30, 2016, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
The Governance and Economics research Network – GEN – is organizing the 13th PEARL conference. It will be held in Santiago de Compostela (Spain) on September 29 and 30, 2016.
PEARL is a network of researchers and research institutions that operate in the field of applied public economics and public finance. The main focus of the network is on the regional level of government, which of course includes studying the relationships with local, state, federal (or supra-national) institutions.
The idea of PEARL is to gather various kinds of expertise both from different countries (implying different objectives, economic and institutional constraints) and from different fields of economic analysis (econometrics, public finance and public choice, local and regional economics, macroeconomics).
Comparative analyses and transversal studies will be appreciated.
Some subjects of interest are listed below:
- Status of regions in fiscal federalism (focus on cross-country analyses and case-study – e.g., Spain, Italy).
- State and local taxation, revenue and intergovernmental grants.
- State and local government spending: health, education, welfare.
- Regional economic activity: growth, development, environmental Issues, and changes.
- Regional and local government analysis: finance, public facilities, land use, urban economies.
- State and local politics, the economic role of political institutions.
- Vertical and horizontal tax competition.
- Local public goods and public choice approach.
The GEN will cover the expenses for accommodation, meals and a tour in Santiago de Compostela during the conference for the authors whose papers have been accepted. In the case of a joint paper, only one author will be covered for the above-mentioned expenses. Travel expenses are covered by the participants themselves.
Please send the title and an extended abstract by May 1, 2016 to:
- Fernanda Martínez (email@example.com)
- Jean-Michel Josselin, University of Rennes 1, France
- Hanu Laurila, University of Tampere, Finland
- Benoit Le Maux, University of Rennes 1, France
- Carla Marchese, University of Eastern Piedmont, Italy
- Thierry Madiès, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Antti Moisio, Government Institute for Economic Research, Finland
- Fabio Padovano, University of Rennes 1, France
- Yvon Rocaboy, University of Rennes 1, France
- Timothy Goodspeed, Hunter College & GEN, United States
- Oriol Roca-Sagalés, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona & GEN, Spain
- Andreas Kyriacou, Universitat de Girona & GEN, Spain
Local organizing committee :
- Marko Crnogorac, GEN
- Lucía Ferreira, GEN
- Miriam Hortas-Rico, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid & GEN.
- Xoaquín Fernández-Leiceaga, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela & GEN
- Santiago Lago-Peñas, GEN.
- Fernanda Martínez, GEN
- Jorge Martínez-Vázquez, Georgia State University & GEN.
- Jorge Onrubia-Fernández, Universidad Complutense de Madrid & GEN.
- Agnese Sacchi, Universitas Mercatorum & GEN.
More information in www.condorcet-center.fr